Thursday, March 22, 2012

Homemade Granola Bars

I am in a recipe-sharing mood this week because I have another yummy recipe to share today.

Hubster and I are snackers and one of our favorite treats are granola bars. Unfortunately, store bought bars are both expensive and, if they are affordable, packed with preservatives; I am a firm believer that everything should eventually expire. Fortunately, I stumbled across a recipe for super easy homemade granola bars and have met with success every time I've made them. {Which is REALLY saying something for me}

Basically you take these ingredients:



And make these:


Ooey, gooey, yummy!

Since I'm not exactly Betty Crocker and I always need very detailed recipes, I've decided to include pictures so you can see exactly what your granola mixture should look like.


Ingredients:
4 1/2 c quick oats
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c butter, melted
1/3 c. brown sugar (more or less for sweetness)
1 c. choc chips (or whatever add-in you like)
2 eggs
1/2 c honey

Combine oats, flour, soda, vanilla, butter, honey, sugar and egg in large bowl; hand mix. (Literally, get your hands in there and mix) Add choc chips and lightly mix. We also like marshmallows, nuts, and, especially, crasins as add in ingredients. Let set 5 mins.

Your mixture should look like this:


Press mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. I keep my uncooked bars about 1-2 inches thick because they will expand a little and are pretty hardy so a super thick bar could be too much.

Bake @ 350 for 18-22 mins. Let cool 10 - 12 minutes. Cut into bars or squares, wrap in plastic wrap or store in a plastic baggie and enjoy.

Honestly, I can't tell you the shelf life of these bars because they are always eaten up within a week.

Homemade granola bars - wife tested, husband approved!

Hugs,
Erin


Ingredients:
4 1/2 c. quick oats
1 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c butter, melted
1/2 c honey
1/3 c brown sugar (more or less for sweetness)
1 c favorite add-in (choc. chips, mallows, dried fruit, candy pieces, nuts)
2 eggs

Combine oats, flour, soda, vanilla, butter, honey, sugar, and egg in large bowl. Hand mix. Let set 5 mins. Mix in add-in. Press into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350, 18 - 22 minutes. Let cool 10 mins. Cut and enjoy or store for later!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...