Friday, October 4, 2013

Let's Watch Conference! Now with Fact Cards

It's that time of year again! The leaves are changing, the football teams are playing, the air is cooling, and General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is coming . . . TOMORROW!!

If you want to be uplifted, edified, and regain a sense of hope amid the plethora of depressing headlines we read everyday, you should definitely tune in to General Conference. 

What is General Conference?
It is a bi-annual worldwide gathering of Latter-day Saints, and their friends {which means you}. We gather at Church headquarters in Salt Lake City, in our homes and, in our chapels to listen to inspiring words from living prophets. That's right living prophets!

 Conference is held in four sessions:
Saturday October 5th 10:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. & 2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m. MST 
Sunday October 6th 10:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. & 2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m. MST

To participate in conference:
Listen live {here}.
Find what cable/radio/satellite channel airs Conference in your area {here}.
Or watch conference online {here}.

My favorite parts of Conference are wearing my pajamas all day, eating delicious snakes all day, and feeling the Spirit all day x 2. Two straight days of cozy, delicious inspiration. Last year, I posted {here} about some fun conference ideas and this year I actually completed a fun conference project in time to use it! 

I have seen these all over Pinterest, but here is my own take on Conference Info. Cards. 

Click the picture for download!
 Every six-months as we watch Conference, Hubster and I are constantly on Google looking up facts about the General Authorities {the Prophet and Apostles who address us in Conference}. So, this year I took matters into my own hands, and to add a little fun, I made each card an opportunity to color. Don't kid yourself, you love to color during conference. Oh, wait, is it just me that has a special "Conference Coloring Book"? You caught me!

Now I can color and answer obscure questions about each speaker. Score!

I plan on breaking out the crayons and then laminating the cards and combining them on a craft ring. Fact cards during conference; Fact cards for the Sunday Box. 

But. . . even if you don't need Conference Cards, please join us for Conference anyway. I can promise it will be fantastic!!

Hugs,
  Erin 

Watch this for more on Conference! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...